Saturday 19 September 2015

can meditation fix my life?

A mini-rant, don't take it too seriously... A lot of times people ask me something like can meditation fix my life?

"I find my career or lifestyle awful sometimes, it seems meaningless and stressful, I dread Mondays, my relationships are boring, I wanna learn how to meditate, do you think that would help?"

What a joke!

How the fuck is sitting with your eyes shut supposed to cure the fact that you have been too spineless to build yourself a life which you actually enjoy?

I can tell you exactly what will happen if you meditate. You will start to learn to See Things As They Truly Are. You will really feel the visceral unpleasantness of the stress in your life.

"Hating your job" or "wanting to do something more creative" goes from being an idea to being a dark, venomous, writhing creature that lives right in your gut, like goddamn ALIENS movie.

Then you will become truly sickened at how feeble you have been and how you are causing yourself all this misery. If you get even better at meditation, you may, if lucky, see how your patheticness rubs off on those around you, transmitting your hopelessness to them whilst you pretend to love them. This is your meditation working very well.

Then at this point you will either Do Something Drastic, or stop meditating.

Meditation cannot fix your life. Its purpose is to make you miserable enough so you break through your barrier of cowardice and fix your own fucking life in the way it obviously needs to be fixed.

And I am not just talking about people stuck in 'careers' here. If you live in a dark cupboard in Dalston with 6 totally narcissistic coked-up arseholes, wasting your time on cynical, disposable "art projects" and you wonder why you have only 2 modes: over-stimulated, or depressed... well! Same goes to those invested in spiritual practice hoping that meditation is going to get them somewhere! Give up!

So I can save you some time here. Just sort your life out. It's much easier then learning to sit still for ages.

PS I teach meditation for £500/hour, it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment